- Supreme Court to decide copyright first sale doctrine case – Costco v. Omega
- More documents made public in Viacom v. YouTube copyright infringement lawsuit.
Individual documents here:
Exhibit 52, Exhibit 59, Exhibit 60, Exhibit 63, Exhibit 81, Exhibit 242, Exhibit 314 , Exhibit 321, Exhibit 340
- Frankie Valli files copyright infringement lawsuit against former Jersey Boys.
- Library of Congress will retain public tweets.
- Also, the coincidence of the week, the approval process has started for a futures investment market for box office sales in the first week of release.
This has not received a warm welcome from the motion picture studios. For the past 2 weeks, the results of the box office have been too close to call with later revisions determining the projected winner in fact was in second place.
- And finally, just when you thought it was safe to send out cease and desist and offers to settle letters to copyright infringers…..apparently computer hackers are threatening copyright infringement lawsuits to scam those who download from BitTorrent.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Weekly Wednesday Wrapup - April 21, 2010
This past week has been very eventful in terms of copyright law news. Below is a listing with links of some of the headlines from the past week.